Brexit and what it means for the island will come under the spotlight during a panel debate at the STEP Guernsey branch conference on 22 June.
The event, which is open to members and non-members, is an opportunity for delegates to hear from a range of industry speakers.
The keynote speech will be from Dr Savvas Savouri, Chief Economist at Toscafund Asset Management, and there will be a panel discussion on how Britain’s exit from the EU will affect Guernsey. The panel includes:
• Jennifer Smithson, Partner at Macfarlanes
• Christopher McLemore, Attorney at Butler Snow
• Matthew Guthrie and Edward Devenport, Partners at Mourant Ozannes
• Russell Clark, Partner at Carey Olsen
• Stuart Lawson, Northern Trust
• Dominic Wheatley, We Are Guernsey
• Jo Reeves, States of Guernsey
• Mark Pattimore, Chair of GAT
• Adele Perrot, Butterfield Group
• STEP chief executive George Hodgson
Alongside Brexit, topics up for discussion include global transparency, blockchain technology, classification of trusts in the US, and updates in Guernsey trust law. There will also be an update from STEP worldwide.
The conference takes place at Beau Sejour on 22 June from 9am to 4.45pm. Register at www.gta.gg or by emailing email@example.com. If you are a STEP member, use the discount code 'member'.